Because I don’t think I can get away with calling my blog “The Blog Formerly Known as Welcome to Dementialand” (a la the Artist Formerly Known as Prince), it’s time to focus on a new title.
Thanks to everyone who submitted suggestions in the contest. You can rate the finalists here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/blog_title_ratings
There are several titles I really like, so I need your help. Please submit your ratings by Friday, June 1, at 11:59pm (Iowa corn time…aka Central Standard Time).
Please note there were a few suggestions that didn’t make the cut for various reasons. These include:
- Anything with zone, land, or ville in the title. I just decided I needed to go in a different direction and not try to come up with something similar to my old title.
- The Best Dementia Blog on the Planet. Also The Only Dementia Blog You’ll Actually Read. I appreciate the compliments. But I just can’t. The same goes for Elaine’s Kick Ass Blog. And I don’t think mom would like that one because it has the “A” word. You all are too kind, though.
- Anything that already has a presence online or in book form, even if it’s not trademarked. We are looking for something unique. Ain’t nobody gonna be harassing me for trademark infringement. (Then again, dementialand wasn’t trademarked when I started this blog.)
- Anything that implies the blog focuses exclusively on caregiving. Sure, we talk a lot about caregiving, but I know plenty of people living with dementia read this blog as well. I also want it to be appealing to those outside the world of dementia–because educating the general public is how we build dementia-friendly communities.
- Anything that mentions memory. I think that we overemphasize memory loss as a part of dementia when it is only a part of a constellation of symptoms. I don’t want to contribute to the message we give to society that dementia equals memory loss and only memory loss.
Don’t forget to help me out by rating the title options. It’ll only take a minute of your day, I promise!