Last week I was invited to be on a podcast called Half the Story to talk about Alzheimer’s and other dementias. On the podcast, you’ll hear me discuss:
- why I hate most hotel carpet,
- how my friend Drew taught me that dementia care is similar to improv,
- the important (and rarely discussed) role that mental fatigue plays in dementia,
- common misconceptions families have after diagnosis,
- how you can train your brain to cope more positively with the changes that occur in dementia, and
- why I rarely use the seven stage model of dementia you might see elsewhere.
Thanks, Andy, for having me on Half the Story!
Here is the episode in its entirety: